Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Electrocution Chair

We spent the morning today at the local hospital, so my second youngest could get a mole removed. Since the bigger boys were at school, it was just my wife, my two youngest sons, and me.

The people at the hospital were very friendly and did a wonderful job of helping them feel comfortable and happy. That meant the boys were comfortable talking to the nurses.

Right after we checked in, they took my five-year-old to a small room, took his weight, and had him sit in a chair next to a blood pressure machine. As the nurse started pulling out the arm wrap and finger monitor along with all the tubes connecting it to the blood pressure machine, my four-year-old asked, nonchalantly, out loud in his high pitched little-kid voice, "Are you going to electric [electrocute] him?"

I wonder if my four-year-old remembers when I yelled at my middle son from the attic a few years ago when he tried to help me with our re-wiring project by turning on the breaker as I was connecting two black wires. ...I certainly remember.

2 comments:

John Andersen said...

Man, your kids crack me up! I love it!

J-Dog said...

Owwch..