Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stationary Motion Picture

In light of the Cinematography merit badge I've been doing with the Scouts I decided to look at the Indiana Jones and the Shark Treasure story the kids and I did.

Basically, the kids created the scenes with their Legos and told me the story element; I took the pictures and tried to tie the story together in a PowerPoint presentation. Then I used AuthorPOINT Lite (the free version) to turn it into a web presentation. It was pretty fun.

While reviewing the story, I could identify a few cinematography techniques we used to tell the story. Can you identify some of them?



I strongly recommend giving this method of story-telling a shot. Its fun to harness the creativity of your kids while practicing photography and movie-making techniques.

No comments: