Sunday, February 24, 2008

Super T And The Runaway Ship

Can our super hero save a ship from utter destruction as a larger, out-of-control ship plows towards it. Watch and find out!



Shortly after my dad gave us our first video camera as a combined birthday present, I experimented with the blue screen (chroma screen) feature of our video editing software. This is how the cheesy, ad hoc experiment turned-out.

For the blue screen we used an amazingly effective blue blanket draped over the back of the couch--this is how we could fly. I hung a blue tarp from the ceiling for the backdrop...but, as you can see, it didn't work very well--too much white light reflection.

Anyway, even with all of its obvious imperfections, its still one of my favorite creations...especially since it was more or less a create-as-we-go (improv) situation. Plus I really enjoyed spending the few hours with my middle son who was very cooperative.

Its amazing what you can do when you just lose your job and have a little extra time on your hands all of a sudden. Its was a bit relaxing during a very stressful time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can someone say, "Coolest Dad"?

Awesome video!