Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gratitude

I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving like I had. It was nice to take time to think about things I am grateful for such as family, church, friends, and many temporal/spiritual blessings in my life.

I tried to think about the things I usually take for granted and about how significant those blessings really are. All too often I complain about what I don't have and don't respect what I do have.

I've learned that gratitude helps you refocus on what is really important in your life, fills your heart with respect and love for those who blessed your lives (including Heavenly Father, the primary giver of those blessings,) and gives you the desire to help bless others in whatever ways you can. Gratitude also helps immunize you from behavioral blindness caused by selfishness and greed.

I hope I can always be grateful for all of God's blessings in my life large and small.

Happy Thanksgiving...the perfect kick-off into the Christmas Season.

1 comment:

Heffalump said...

I'm thankful to have a wonderful husband as well as my many other blessings.