Monday, December 17, 2007

The Unexplainable Impact

The crazy storm two weeks ago and the week-long+ after math left a very significant impression on me. How quickly things can change and how fragile things can be and how human behavior is affected by significant disruptions and threats to one's basic needs. I learned to respect the power of nature and was left to rethink my priorities. I definitely want to be proactive about any potential threats like that again.

I also learned how mindful Heavenly Father is of our needs. Miracles are witnessed everywhere through this storm--mercy echoes through every aspect of this storm from the storm to the protection from the storm to the lessons learned through this storm. I realized the significance of the word "Father" when respectfully referring to God as our Heavenly Father.

I'm sure I will have more contemplative moments reflecting different things that soaked into my mind and heart from the storm. But hopefully they will be helpful to you. Although I fear its almost impossible to understand the full impact of an experience like this without actually living through it, I hope some of the stuff I have said or will say about it will help someone else be better prepared and apply the experience to their lives.

I have much better respect and empathy for those who endured similar and worse experiences than I did.

You can also read about how it affected others--and see more pictures--by reading recent posts on some of the blog links listed in my Trail Heads links.

No comments: