Friday, January 18, 2008

A Few More 3-D Pics


Another view of the Lewis and Clark River near Ft. Clatsop.


A small sample of a wind-swept forest. Again the 3-D gives a significantly better perspective of the wind's capabilities.

I know most people looking at these pictures don't have a pair of 3-D glasses just laying around the house, but hopefully you will have a chance to see these pictures in three dimensions. It adds a depth and perspective. Its easier to imagine being there looking at it. Its well worth it. I'm still amazed at how neat the 3-D pictures turn out.

All I do is take a picture with one eye, then with the other eye and focus on the same point. (A tip: for objects far away, you may need to separate the two pictures by more than an "eye's length" away--see the Mt. St. Helens 3-D picture.) Then using picture-editing software, I take the red channel out of the right-eyed picture, take the green and blue channels out of the left-eyed picture, overlap them, and align both picture to a common point--voila! Stereo picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. When I read your title, I thought to myself, Man, I would sure enjoy these posts more with a pair of 3D glasses -then I read your comment about having 3D glasses lying around the home.

I swear I'm going to have to get some now just to truly appreciate your blog! :-)