Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Few Recent Pics (not 3-D)

Click to see a larger version (and more detail)



65 ft Young's River Falls (Astoria, OR)


From the mouth of the Columbia River we can see Mt. St. Helen's 130 (or so) miles away. Right above the river's horizon, you can make out the 4+ mile-long Astoria-Megler bridge.

Sunset @ Sunset Beach, OR (fairly close to the actual colors)
A point of clarification: The first and last pictures (the best pictures on this blog) we actually taken by my brother-in-law. The pictures I took of the same subjects with my point-and-shoot didn't capture the color as well as his camera did (you can kind of tell by comparing the middle picture).
Thanks for your comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures....especially the 3rd one. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Yes the sunset @ sunset beach. That one is amazing. I always thought I could be a good photographer, but people like you discourage me, thanks in advance. no, i'm kidding hehe. But I really do admire people who take these nice pictures. As for me, I can't hold those huge balky cameras very long, especially if I have to stand awkwardly to take a pic. You new generation of photographers are so good!

DMo said...

Thanks for your comments! They remind me that I should give credit where credit is due...

Actually the falls picture and the sunset pictures were taken by my borther-in-law who has a very nice camera. I also cropped them for the focal points I wanted. I took pictures with my point-and-shoot camera, but they didn't capture the true color the same way his did.

Pretty much all the other pictures on my blog are done by me, however....with my point-and-shoot.

Anonymous said...

Really fine work. Thanks for sharing.