Sunday, July 1, 2007

I Gave In...

My wife is an avid blogger--has been for almost a year now. She has a lot of blogger friends now and has mastered most of the editing features of blogging.

For the longest time I prided myself in resisting any desire to start one of my own. After all, why should I spend so much time posting things that no one else would really care about? I almost had a goal of not starting one of these just to go against the grain of this popular social network in our technological world.

They say if you try to cook a frog by throwing it in boiling water, it just jumps out; but if you put it in cold water and slowly turn up the heat, before it knows it, it knows not. For me, I started reading my wife's blogs. Then I started enjoying reading the comments people left on her blog--I even left a couple comments of my own periodically. Before long I would look at the blogs of those who posted comments on my wife's blogs. Finally more of my friends started blogs and gave me some ideas.

So I eventually gave in and joined the blogger's world. I figure its a great place to throw a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. But, fair warning, don't expect much excitement from this blog--it will likely match my personality.

2 comments:

Heffalump said...

Wow...the first commenter ever on this blog. I feel so special. I have enjoyed having a blog and I am glad you have one now too. Now we can sit next to each other at our respective computers, and enjoy the romance of the blogosphere (But not on date nights).

John Andersen said...

Way to go DMO. I'll be watching to see how this goes for you.

I wrote a computer program that I use at the end of the year that parses my blogs and makes a Family History book out of them. Now, when people ask if I am keeping a journal or keeping up with family history, I can say yes!

No, it is a great way to keep up on things and people. I enjoy your wife's blog and I'll look forward to yours.