Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Videography

Not only am I interested in the technical aspects of taking pictures, I also like experimenting with video. In fact CNET.com had some really good, free online courses for photography and video making. They still have good courses, they just aren't as in-depth as they used to be. This short movie from a few years ago is the first video I made since High School. It was motivated by a CNET course I was taking at the time.

Our first digital camera was capable of taking 20 second videos (no sound) @ 20 frames per second. Generally movies are 24 frames per second (fps) or, more commonly in the US, 30 fps. I took several 20 second shots then edited them down. I tried to set up the environment with a long shot, then tried to capture the inside world of my son putting together a puzzle--even if it didn't have all the pieces.


2 comments:

CHill said...

I liked how your son looked at the camera when he didn't have enough pieces - classic!

John Andersen said...

Nice....I loved the selection of music too!